Tuning in to Teens online program
February 24 @ 7:30 pm - March 31 @ 9:00 pm$190 – $270
|Tuning in to Teens live online
Emotionally Intelligent Parenting
A supportive parenting program for parents of adolescents aged approximately 10 – 16 years in small group setting.
Kate Culy and Jodie Harris have been running the Tuning in to Kids and Tuning in to Teens programs since 2010. Kate’s background is in speech therapy, coaching and counselling. She is particularly passionate about supporting parents and helping families to communicate effectively. Jodie Harris is trained in Gestalt therapy and brings her background in counselling and her love for working with parents to the groups. Kate and Jodie are parents of adolescents themselves and are also both Program Counsellors with Raise Youth Mentoring Foundation.
‘With my changes (controlling my anger, sharing his feelings, listening with empathy), my son has changed a lot. He’s very calm, very understanding, and very helpful. I feel the relationship with my son has become stronger and he trusts me more.’
‘It was also good to hear that the types of emotional reactions of my child are being experienced by the children of all the parents attending — that was a comfort — it’s not just us/me!’
‘It has given me strategies to deal with major meltdowns to minor incidences.
“I am in awe at how much this program has helped me as an adult, a mother and us as a family’
‘I would really like to thank you for your warmth, support, consideration and empathy for our journey”
Would you like to learn how to:
· be better at talking with your teen?
· be better at understanding your teen?
· help your teen learn to manage their emotions?
· help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
· teach your teen to deal with conflict?
Adolescents with higher Emotional Intelligence:
· are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
· have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
· are more able to cope when upset or angry
· have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
· have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
· have greater career success –
· Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
Where: live online via Zoom
When: Wednesdays February 24th to March 31st
7.30 – 9.00pm AEST
Cost: $190 / $270 couples for 6 sessions
For all enquiries or to make a booking please email email@example.com or call: 0404 042 789
Mindful and the University of Melbourne have developed this events calendar based on the best available evidence to assist parents and carers find training events provided by third party organisations, however, we cannot guarantee and assume no legal liability or responsibility for the currency or completeness of the information. Mindful and the University of Melbourne do not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information.